Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 25 June 2012

Benefits of dieting

I am trying not to worry too much about it - I have managed to stay within the limits this week - so I am pleased, and do some activity mostly gardening.

The rewards to date are as follows:
My knees are happier,
I am more energetic,
I am less grumpy
I am more flexible,
I have lost weight, but more importantly I feel thinner and more in control, without obsessing about it.
My muscles are aching from exercise (walking up stairs and hills at Dover Castle)
I am not tiring from walking etc. so quickly.
I am no longer thinking "I must start a diet".

Much as I find the WW organisation terrible, I find the weekly weigh-in immensely helpful - and not weighing myself at home is good too. There is a benefit in being part of a group.  I don't think it is full of potential soul mates, but solidarity is a good thing, I must learn to accept praise and enthusiasm for my success.

No comments:

Post a Comment