Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 18 June 2012

A slow start...

Monday - after a really nice weekend - and I was hoping to leap into action and hurl myself into some housework like the legendary "white tornado" of 1960s advertising.   However, the grey tornado has subsided after the first 40 minutes and is now taking some R&R.

The garden is marvellous - it has rained, and it is still, and the air is laden with scent - rose, honeysuckle, jasmine... marvellous.   The ground is littered with snails - and I noticed another plant had received a going over from them, just before flowering, a really nice red achillea.  I have to be ruthless about the snails now - otherwise they will breed and I will have even more next year.

I will work today - eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment