Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Tuesday 19 June 2012

A journey of a 1,000 miles...

begins with a single step.  Since I joined the dreaded Weight Watchers last week, I have tried (and succeeded) not to obsess about food - eat when necessary - and work as necessary.  So, despite having had a Bacchanalian day of food (tu exageres!) on Saturday - and a somewhat mindless day of sandwich eating on Sunday (at the great Montefiore bunfight) I managed to lose an absolutely glorious 12lbs - which is quite simply the most astounding result... I am hoping that this diet won't be sabotaged by hormones, water retention and fluctuations of that nature - and that I might actually manage to steadily lose weight.   We shall see.   I am prejudiced against WW because it seems to be a bit too generous with "sweeties" but since one can eat all the fruit one wants, am really pleased with it.  I have brought some fake sugar to use instead on strawbs and fruit salad.  So I am hoping I can lose at least another 3-4lb next week.  I promise not to bore on about this diet in the blog -  but then again, can't help feeling pleased.  I was hoping to have lost 2 stone by the end of August - at this rate, it could feasibly be 3...which would get me roughly back to where I was at the time of my mother's funeral.  Then again, our scales have always been a bit generous - so probably a bit less than that.  Heigh-ho!  Well, I shouldn't feel so regretful - and there's no need to start making plans, that's what usually causes trouble - the regret one feels when the plans don't turn out.

Obviously, I can't maintain this sort of rate of loss - but do hope to not completely crawl down to 1lb a week or less - yes, I know it's healthier to lose slowly, but it can also be dispiriting.

I felt a bit guilty about losing so much weight in the first week - but on the other hand, I was really, really good, so perhaps I deserved it.  I was just a bit embarassed - didn't want to show off.  I also won £4 in a raffle - so that's good too.  Perhaps Jupiter in the 8th house will be a supportive thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment