Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 22 June 2012

Food! And being boring about dieting.

I have been really hungry in the last two days.  Yesterday was unbearable - I ate a lot of vegs - but it somehow didn't do it.  I am determined to stay comfortably below my daily limit, and to try not to use the extrapoints.  I'm sure that's why I lost so much weight last week, obviously I won't lose anything like that this week, but if I could lose 4lbs I would be so chuffed - then I'd be out of the zone where I don't feel it's really my weight.

I have to say that I am already feeling better - my knees are less grumpy without that extra stone, and I am definitely more active - although not wildly so, but needing fewer rests.  I think I ought to try and eat some cheese every day - because it is such a deeply satisfying food.  It is a blessing that my love of cheese is married to low cholesterol levels.  The fridge is absolutely full of fromage at the moment.  I must practice cutting pieces of 40g to see how much it it.

There are 49 bonus points each week.  They say "You can eat these points and still lose weight" - but presumably not enough weight.  I know when I've been doing the diet for a few weeks I am likely to say "Fuck this for a game of soldiers" and throw it all up in the air.  But I am really going to try not to.  This means trying to see how relatively little I can eat, rather than how much I can get away with.  No one is making me do this, I am in charge.  I haven't drunk much - about a glass this week - and maybe staying off the booze would be a good thing.  Just a small amount has made me feel very under-performing... woozy.  But I would like to go out tonight - have a glass of wine and some nuts or crisps... I suppose I can.   As usual, despite my suggestion, Mark hasn't responded.  I can't stand this - it makes me feel like going out on my own.  Unfortunately, my going out companion has retreated to London, and I have yet to find a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment