Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Sunshine! Butterflies

Am having a very happy day today, woke at 5.30 - made bread and scones for breakfast - did washing, washing up, dealt with bank account, debt, phone calls, etc. and had a meeting in the garden with Jon.  Really very good so far... it is so lovely in the garden, and I saw a most beautiful butterfly - we have a lot of blue butterflies in the garden, usually holly blues - but this is the first time I've seen one up close - it had a white border around the blue, and dark blue/black patches at the top of each wing... I also saw a butterfly I'd never seen before - the underside of the wings was also an extraordinary turquoise colour - like an oxidised copper roof... so beautiful, apparently it is a green hairstreak - not sure why it's in our garden, because we don't have any of its usual food plants, apart from a type of cytisus which has stopped flowering now.

I want to be in the garden, but feel a bit guilty about what I haven't done on the computer.   I wonder if all this energy is due to the diet - feeling somehow in control is energising.  I am very hungry - so will go and have lunch.

The other feature of today has been surprise visitors - which is very nice, first Jon, now Eyvor - and the Jehovah's witnesses of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment